Greetings,

I'm a linux newbie (NT is my background) and I'm looking to configure a
SoundBlaster AWE 32 card on my RH 5.0 (kernel 2.0.31) box.  I treid this
once before using sndconfig and I either messed up my irq/dma settings or
the program itself is buggy becasue after rebooting my adaptec 1540 scsi
card was non functional.  A major problem when thats where my boot
partition was located.  I do not want to go through that again (complete
re-laod do to problems with the "rescue").   What is the "safest" (read
least chance for a newbie DFI or bugs) way to configure a soundcard?  Is
sndconfig the way to go? I've heard of a program called OSS. Is that
better?  Any help is appreciated.

Scott