>I don't even know for sure if sndconfig has the ability, by itself, to
>alter settings in the card; I think you have to match it to whatever the
>card is set for.  But I may be wrong about this; my Linux-sound
>experience ends at the sb16.
>
>WRT the OSS drivers, I had mixed luck myself.  The configuration went
>smoothly, I got sound right away, but it didn't play nice with any of my
>sound-using applications.  The trial period ran out before I got the
>kinks worked out, and I've since gotten sound to work in the kernel, so
>I haven't been back.
>
>Hope this helps at least some.
> -m

The awe32 is a sb16 + a n advanced MDI card all in one but they each have
their own configs so its like setting up 2 cards.  As far as the
possibility of waking up a conflic goes this is very possible on say win95
where 95 moves stuff around to resolve the conflict but I'm using NT which
does not do this.  All my card play nice even in dos so I'm assuming it was
either sndconfig or pilot error.

Thanks

Scott

/- Scott Tyson