Hi all,
I am still running Red Hat 4.2 in my two computers.
I suppose that someone else have observed the fact that I am
going to explain here and that I am not "dreaming".
:-)

I am following periodically the updates of Red Hat 4.2 and
I have observed several times that an upgrade is released
and it correspond in version to a package that already was
updated to that status; apparently the only different with
the new package is the date in the update page. I have not
checked the size of the package (maybe is there a different
in size).

Just to clarify I will put an example (not real one): suppose that the
2nd of january 1998 there is an update for mh-6.8.2-1.i386.rpm;
I did download that package a couple of days after and I did
upgrade my system.
Then around two months later I did check the update list and
I saw that dated 15th March 1998 there is an update for
mh but that the reference to the package to update is
the same; i.e. mh-6.8.2-1.i386.rpm.
What should I do in that case ? Should I download the new
package and update it? Normally what I have done up to now
is NOT get the latest package but, I always wonder if I
should do it.

I do not understand very well the system of Red Hat to update
packages but that thing make me feel confuse sometimes because
I am not sure if I should download again the package and
reinstall it.

Someone have an idea of what is the right procedure to follow
with those updates ?

Best regards,

Javi,          _____