I am not sure if this is the right place to post this
question so I apologize in advance.  However, I have
looked high and low for an answer and can't find one.

My problem is using a linksys LNE100TX ethernet card
to access the internet.  I have set up a small ircd
server on RH 8.0 for family members to get to
together, chat and swap pictures, home movies, etc.
The problem I am having is thus: when someone I am
sending a file at the time I am receiving a file, the
file I am receiving stops coming while the file I am
sending stays constant.  At the same time I am also
unable to surf the web or basically do anything that
requires downloading from someplace else.  I don't
think it is the a bug of the OS because I had the same
problem on Mandrake 9.0.  And I am able to send and
receive files in Windows XP without any problems.  My
thinking is that it has something to do with iptables,
but I am not sure how to configure them to solve the
problem.  I have read many of the HOWTO's and
tutorials out there, but none of them provide a fix to
the problem.

I hope that someone can point in the right direction
or tell me of some places where I can get some
information to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.