From: John Nichel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 3:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linksys ethernet card problems

The problem is the Linksys card. I had this same problem about a month ago, and after doing a google search, found this to be a common issue with that Linksys card under both Windoze and Linux. I replace the two Linksys cards with Netgear cards, and poof, no more problem.

Reid Nelsen wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question so I apologize in advance. However, I have looked high and low for an answer and can't find one.

My problem is using a linksys LNE100TX ethernet card
to access the internet. I have set up a small ircd
server on RH 8.0 for family members to get to
together, chat and swap pictures, home movies, etc.
The problem I am having is thus: when someone I am
sending a file at the time I am receiving a file, the
file I am receiving stops coming while the file I am
sending stays constant. At the same time I am also
unable to surf the web or basically do anything that
requires downloading from someplace else. I don't
think it is the a bug of the OS because I had the same
problem on Mandrake 9.0. And I am able to send and
receive files in Windows XP without any problems. My
thinking is that it has something to do with iptables,
but I am not sure how to configure them to solve the
problem. I have read many of the HOWTO's and
tutorials out there, but none of them provide a fix to
the problem.
I hope that someone can point in the right direction
or tell me of some places where I can get some
information to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush