I have an IBM T23 laptop that worked just dandy under 7.2 for over a
year, then I did a clean install of RH 8.0.

Now, periodically, the machine will forget about the built int network
card (IBM eepro100).

When it works, everything works great.  When it stops, I can't ping
anything except the local IP address (not even my direct connected
router).  The only way I can clear it is to /etc/rc.d/init.d/network
stop, then start.

When the problem happens, the network card doesn't appear down, but
stopping and restarting makes it work correctly.  I've verified all the
DNS and routing information.  This is a DHCP box, so it's getting many
of the network settings from the DHCP server (there are two other linux
machines on the same network that work fine).

Anybody seen anything like this?

Thanks,

Eric
--