Eric Ladner said:
> I have an IBM T23 laptop that worked just dandy under 7.2 for over a year,
> then I did a clean install of RH 8.0.
>
> Now, periodically, the machine will forget about the built int network
> card (IBM eepro100).

how does it forget? and is there any similar set of circumstances that
this happens? perhaps when you put the laptop into suspend or sleep and
bring it out? Does it just lose the IP address, or does the device totally
dissapear(e.g. doing ifconfig eth0 says no device).

any messages in the kernel log that may be related?

nate