I'm trying to teach myself C and I'm having trouble compiling my first
program.  This is following the C Tutorial at
<http://www.physics.drexel.edu/courses/Comp_Phys/General/C_basics/c_tutorial.html>.

My first program, a simple "Hello World", is as follows

#include < stdio.h>

void main()
{
    printf("\nHello World\n");
}

I go to a console and type gcc hello.c as stated in the tutorial and get
the following error spit out at me -

hello.c:1:20:  stdio.h: No such file or directory
hello.c: In function `main':
hello.c:4: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'

well, I did a whereis on stdio.h and its in /usr/include - any ideas on the
problem?  I know this might be a bit off-topic, and btw I'm running RH 8.

Thnx folks,
~Christopher