On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 08:21:27AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>   The article included several statements about "controversial moves" by
> Red Hat during 2002.  However, it seems to me that the most damning move
> is the GPL and LGPL violations associated with the Dell/Red Hat alliance
> product Dell PowerEdge Web Server Version 3.x Powered by Red Hat Linux.
> They started distributing the product around March of 2002 in binary only

Who's "They"?  If it's Dell, then Red Hat has not been a part of any GPL
or LGPL violation.  It's the *distributor* that is responsible for
releasing the source, and in this case, Red Hat is not distributing the
binaries - Dell is, and it's therefore Dell's responsbility to provide
source.  If Red Hat distributed the binaries (how did they distribute
it?  Are the binaries on their public servers?) then Red Hat should
provide the sources.

I fail to see why you're trying to beat on Red Hat.  Why not beat up the
rest of the developers that included packages on Dell's distro?  Red Hat
is responsible for making source availalble to Dell, but that's it.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]