Yes.  There has been a history of problems with intermixing closed
source and non-redistributable packages with the largely open source
distribution such that it is hard to provide an equivlent freely
redistributable version.  Caldera had done this for a while in an attempt
to collect per-seat licenses regardless of if you needed per-seat support
or not.  I believe that there is indications that with United Linux that
the SCO Group will be playing the same game of intermixing licenses to
force per-seat payment based on the fact that a closed installer or other
software will be involved in per-seat.

  I believe the RHAS is different.  While Red Hat has had a couple RH
branded "value added" closed products like the Red Baron web browser and
their repackaged CDE, they tend to be short lived attempts to fill a need
which get replaced eventually by a Free Software or Open Source solution.
Rather than lock you in based on needing a closed piece of software mixed
in, I believe RHAS licensing mostly goes toward *support*.  For example,
it is my understanding that RHAS will be Oracle 9i *certified*.  If there
is a "need" for a free non-supported flavor of RHAS, it seems like all the
SRPMS files are available to build it.  So, you will be able to build your
own "Pink Tie Advnaced Server" based on the same source RPMS that produced
RHAS but if you call Red Hat or Oracle for support then don't be suprised
when they tell you that PTAS isn't support/certified for use.  If you are
considering Linuxfromscratch then you probably don't need the support
level that RHAS provides.  However, if you ever do decide you need an
"unbreakable Oracle 9i farm" made up of three servers then for the small
fee of $2,400 you get a commerically supported OS (I say small because
once you get your bill from Oracle for installing 9i Enterprise on three
servers you will wish that Oracle was as cheap RH).  The $799 is to get
you the support you need so that if being down for over 24 hours will cost
you more than $799 in business that you will get the support you need.

  If your conserned about the direction that RH is going, feel free to
check out some of the other camps.  RH is not the best distribution for
everything, it is just usually the most convient distribution for most
things.  Other interesting GNU/Linux distributions include Debian, Gentoo
and Immunix.  Oh, DemoLinux and TriLInux are also fun to play with.

  That's just my three cents short of a nickel on it.