>The 2nd error:
>install exited abnormally -- recieved signal 11
>sending termination signals...none
>sending kill signals...done
>unmounting filesystems...

[caveat: from which media type are you installing from?]

This 2nd error, I have seen personally. I was on a cyrix plodded board
(586-133 if I recall). The problem in this case was the motherboard, as
further examination showed it only counted-up 14Mb of the 24Mb of ram
installed...the ramfield checked out OK on another board, and subsequently
checked out okay on the replacement motherbaord as well.

The first problem...hard to say, without knowing from what the install was
trying to read.

 cheers

db