On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 15:18, Vidiot wrote:
> >OK. But, I want to make a link where the mime type is not considered, to
> >force download. Do you know how to do it?

You can't. The browser will bring up a Save As dialog if it does not
recognize the MIME type, does not have a registered plugin, and can't
figure out the file's format by itself (i.e., it may try text by
default, if no MIME type is specified).

Those sites where the download starts "automatically" are just doing
http redirection, and linking directly to the file to be downloaded.
Your browser config is the determining factor of whether it will
download the file or try to load it directly or with a plugin. The good
news is, most of the time a default-configured browser will correctly
download a file it does not know about via MIME type.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA