From: Joćo Borsoi Soares [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 5:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: http download/open files..

Em Seg, 2003-01-06 ąs 19:02, Daily, Shane, CTR escreveu:
> There is no way to FORCE a browser to download a file (security).  It will
/
> should always ask first if the mime type is unknown to itself.
>
> Maybe if you could provide more details on what EXACTLY you're trying to
> accomplish.........

I want to make a link for my user to download a pdf file. But I don't
want the browser to open it, just download it.

Take a look at the following link:

http://www.rau-tu.unicamp.br/nou-rau/sbu/document/list.php?tid=3

You can see the user may choose to open or download a pdf file. That's
what I want to do. :-)

Thanks,
Joao.