Squid it is.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Pifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 2:23 PM
To: RedHat List
Subject: Is Squid my solution?

I have a Squid(Proxy) question that hopefully can be easily answered. We
currently run a commercial Proxy Server where we pay for each client that
uses it. That's not a big deal except that we have a bunch of users (say
200-300) that only connect to a couple web sites to do their job. Instead of
continuing to pay client licenses I think I could use Squid (or some other
open source proxy server) as their proxy.

I've looked at Squid's web site at the FAQ, and based on that, I think I can
do it, but before taking this to my boss and proposing it I want to make
sure.

Can I put up a Redhat machine running Squid and allow all users to hit only
a couple web sites? (I say all users because if they only go to these couple
sites it would probably be easier to just let anyone connect if they want to
use it as their proxy, hopefully without even
authenticating)

Is there another product besides Squid I should consider?

Thanks in advance!
James