From: James Pifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 6:48 AM
To: RedHat List
Subject: Re: red hat 8.0 and vmware 3.0

FWIW, I have VMWare 3 running on Redhat 8 with the patch
vmware-any-any-update20 installed. The previous post talked about a 19
patch so I assume I have a later release. All the kernel talk didn't
make any sense to me, but what I can say is that my RH8 machine
performed horribly whenever I ran VMWare, even with patch20 installed.
My machine is an Athlon 1.2 with 1gig of RAM. I don't run VMWare on it
right now because performance was that bad.

If there's a more recent patch or workaround (that I understand... :-)
...) I'd love to try it. I'd be happy to share the patch20 I have if
anyone wants to email me directly.

HTH,
James

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 07:49, Mike Burger wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Mike Burger wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.vmware.com
> >
> > You're right.  I wasn't specific.  I meant to the patch itself...
:-)

> Not currently being a VMware user, I'm afraid that I don't have the
URL in