From: Gordon Ewasiuk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 9:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Hardware suggestions for R/H Workstation

Hi List,

I'm selling my Ultra 10 and looking to buy a high powered workstation to
run Redhat.  I'm inclined to do the usual "build your own" model and
select the best components(motherboard, CPU, ram, etc.) for the job.  Does
anyone have an suggestions about specific motherboards, processors, or
other components?   Are there any Redhat specific hardware sites?

Also, I tried to order a prebuilt system via the usual suspects - Dell,
IBM, HP, Compaq...but was surprised to find that NONE offered to install
Redhat 8 on a system.  Does anyone know of any system vendors that will
preinstall Redhat 8?   And what happened to the deal between Redhat and
Dell???

Offlist replies welcome.  Will summarize/publish to www site if there's
interest...

regards,

-gordon

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies