Hey all,

This is probably something silly, but when I upgraded to RH8.0 I noticed
that my man pages look really odd.  It's like there are extra, strange
characters in there that weren't there before.

sample from [man cp]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Mandatory  arguments  to  long  options are mandatory for short options
       too.

       âa, ââarchive
              same as âdpR

       ââbackup[=CONTROL]
              make a backup of each existing destination file

       âb     like ââbackup but does not accept an argument

       ââcopyâcontents
              copy contents of special files when recursive

       âd     same as âânoâdereference ââpreserve=link

       âânoâdereference
              never follow symbolic links

       âf, ââforce
              if an existing destination file cannot be opened, remove it
and
              try again

   dereferenceâ

I use Putty as my ssh client and I don't think that I have changed any
switches since the upgrade...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Carl