From: "Rigler, S C (Steve)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 12:26
Subject: RE: How do I remove a module from the kernel

> You need to do "mkinitrd" to rebuild your initrd.  It reads the
information
> from your /etc/modules.conf and adds the scsi ones to your initrd so they
> get loaded at boot time.
>
> I believe that when you build your own kernel that "make install" does
this
> for you.
>
> -Steve

during boot time. I don't want the kernel to load this driver during boot.
So I did the following steps
> 1. Did make menuconfig and unchecked the boxes related to qlogic under
SCSI section. Recompiled the kernel and loaded the new kernel. Still the
kernel loaded the qla2300 module.
> 2. Commented out the line #alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2300 from
/etc/modules.conf. Still the kernel loaded the module.
> 3. Checked the modules.dep file and deleted the qla2300.o file from the
location form where it was supposed to load
> /lib/modules/kernel_ver/kernel/drivers/addon/qla2200/qla2300.o:
/lib/modules/kernel_version/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_mod.o
> Still the kernel is loading the module...
>
> So I don't know from where its picking up the driver and trying to load...
Can anyone please guide me..