I am running RH 8.0.  When I installed it, I chose the "custom" setting.  That may be
the problem because I didn't install a lot of the programming/development packages.  I
can't tell you specifically at this this as I am a work but when I get home this
evening, I will install everything in that category.

I haven't tried any cgi scripts yet.  I was interested in learning some php so I could
add to my hosted website.  It runs the e-classifeds software which is a cgi script.
My goal is to convert it to a php/mysql based script.