---------- Original Message -----------
From: Duncan Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:03:26 +0000
Subject: Re: 2.43 spamassassin in 7.1

> Mike Vanecek wrote:
> > Spamassassin 2.43 uses perl-5.6.1 (RH 7.3). RH 7.1 uses perl-5.6.0.
> > Conquently, attempts to install on 7.1 result in an error:

> Little late, as I see you've upgraded to .1 via RPM.  However, the
> Perl method would be: perl -e shell install HTML::Parser
>
> and off you roll.

Yes, thank you. My biggest problem was not knowing where to find
HTML::Parser.pm.  Unfortunately, I was doing the install as I read INSTALL.
The information about CPAN and getting the needed modules was at the end of
the doco. I should know better by now ...

I am not sure the day was worth it all. Spamassassin did not turn out to be
all that I had hoped. The reason I wanted to try it was that it would check
the rbls. May remove it and go to junkfilter.

--
  Mike.