I feel like a dill - I'm normally the one ANSWERING questions - not asking
them.

Anyways - here it is - it's something simple and stupid.

On 2 newly installed RH8 machines, when I run up2date, I get no route to
host.

I've disabled iptables, checked the ip forwarding and every other network
thing I do works fine (browsing the net, mail etc). My DNS seems to work and
everything.

route -n shows the default gateway ok. (which is another Linux server
directly connected to the internet via modem/pppd). The clients are getting
their addresses via DHCP from the Linux server. The server is NATting OK for
all other clients.

Anything else I could be missing? I distinctly remember this working under
7.2......

What am I missing?

Robert? Bret? Any others who know more about this than I do?

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)
Triple D Computer Services P/L