On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:46:52AM -0800, Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 08:02, Alex wrote:
> > I recently tried to install Redhat 8 on an old Pentium-75 Laptop with
> > 24MB of RAM (its actually a TI Travelmate 5300).
>
> > Does a TEXT based install of RedHat really require more than 24MB of
> > Ram?
>
> Yep.  I think 32MB has been required since 7.x.

I once installed 7.1 on a machine with 20 megs. It was tight, but
it worked.

However, you may wish to look up the rule project, they have two
different programs that can be used to install RH on memory-challenged
machines.  I just used one of them to install 7.2 on a laptop with
8Mb of RAM. Can you say "tight fit" ? I still don't have everything
configured, and it's not clear that it will be useful once I do,
given that it will surely swap itself to death, but I thought it
would be a fun exercise even if it turns out to not be useful.

--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----------------------------
                         While we were still sinners,