Stranger and stranger!
I just cleaned out the rpm's of Bru and reinstalled them clean
Same problem
Went to /bru and ran bru
get the need an option screen, so try an option as it says
run bru -t
get the following

[Phil@fernwood /bru]$ bru -t
bru: [W162] warning - unable to open execution log file '/var/log/bruexeclog':
errno = 13, Permission denied
bru: [W171] warning - BRU must be owned by root and have suid bit set
bru: [E134] internal error 100 - failed self consistency and portability
checks
[Phil@fernwood /bru]$

Anyone any ideas what is happening

thanks