I have RH 4.2. I wrote a program that uses a do-while loop (in
C )and compiled it on a Sun system and the loops worked.  I then copied
that code and compiled it "gcc" on my system and the loop doesn't work.  I
know that the reason may solely be that I'm using libc instead of glibc.
I don't have the time right now to switch to 5.0.  Is there another way to
code the program to do the loop.  I have the code in the attachement for
a clearer understanding, it's a program I wrote the code for a class here
at Purdue. I'm sorry if it's too long.  I don't even think it's a well
coded program either, but I need to start somewhere.