On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Toralf Lund wrote:

> > There should be a "MAKEDEV" executable in /dev, assuming you've got the
> > MAKEDEV package installed (rpm -q MAKEDEV).  If so, su to root, and just
> > "cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV hda"
> Yes, I get that's part of the answer to my questions. However, I've never
> called MAKEDEV, either, so this still isn't quite it.

I'm sorry, perhaps I misunderstood.  I thought you were looking for an
easy or proper way to create device entries in the /dev system.

As I've both used MAKEDEV, myself, and directed other people to do so, in
order to create missing devices (deleted or otherwise), this seemed, to
me, to be the right answer.

Best of luck, then, in your search.

--
Mike Burger