On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:27:15AM -0800, John B. Moore wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    I need to run this by you folks and see if there are any
> alternatives/issues that might get this to work. (using the very latest
> kernal)
>
> I have a VA-502 revA1 motherboard that has both DIMM slots and SIMM slots.

What chipset does this mainboard have?  My wife has a VA-503+ (also with
dimm and simm slots) with 1mb onboard cache and an mvp3 chipset, and it
can't cache more than 256mb ram.  Having more ram than the system can
cache can cause performance and stability problems.

You may want to post your question on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic.
Some folks hang out there who are knowledgeable about older boards.