From: John B. Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 2:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Memory - 512 SIMMS

Shane,

Thanks,,

Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong

I'm using GRUB I believe and what I got in response during the boot was

mkrootdev: label: /MEM=512M not found

...and then a kernal panic...

I'm runing a memory test right now using memtest-86 v3.0 so I'll confirm that the memory is good.. I would like to understand why the above command did not work..???

John...

Daily, Shane, CTR wrote:

If using LILO

Lilo Boot: linux MEM=512M

If using GRUB
select image (probably default)
hit "a" key
and append MEM=512M so that it reads something like this

grub append> ro root=LABEL=/ MEM=512M

I think that's correct ?

Shane