Hi,
when I initially installed red hat, I have the resolution set to
1280x1024, but I found this a bit hard on the eyes (I'm a bit of a blind
bugger).  I set it down to 1024x768 and am happy.  But what happens now
is that icons, such as files saved to the desktop, are placed outside of
the area displayed, almost as if it still thinks I have the higher
resolution setting.  Only when I log out and log back in, do the icons
then appear on the desktop.  Also, one program only that I know of,
synaptic, when the resolution was set to 1280x1024, and I had it
maximised on the last time I had it open, now opens too large to view on
1024x768.  Half the programs window displays off the screen.  Has anyone
else experienced this problem?

regards Greg