I just installed RedHat 8.0 including the kernel development package and used it to build a simple kernel module. When I tried to load the kernel module I got an error saying there was a version mismatch. When I checked /usr/include/linux/version.h I noticed that it said the kernel version was 2.4.9-9 but the actual kernel installed with RedHat 8.0 is 2.4.18-14. Why is there a mismatch between the installed kernel and the kernel include files? What is the best way to bring my include directory in sync with the kernel?

Thanks,
David Betz