At 16:37 15/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
I know it works with a pickup directory (eg: /var/spool/mqueue).
Not quite. /var/spool/mqueue is a *spool* directory - you can't just
drop a file in there and expect sendmail to send it out. To do something
like that you'll have to create all the smtp headers and try to create
a spool file, along with it's associated status and queue files.

Seems to me that you need to create a script that will grab any file in
a certain directory and use the mail command to send it off. If you
need to mail to different addresses then said script will have to read the
sendto address out of the file.

But I could be wrong (again).....

I want our server based application which runs from a Win2K box to be able
to write to this mail queue for sendmail to pickup the mail and send them
on, this does away with the overhead of a SMTP connection for each mail
send.
SMTP connections aren't that much of an overhead - it was designed that way.
The combination of samba (is that what you used to share ?) plus the script
would likely be greater, imho.

ttfn
nick@nexnix