From: "Robert P. J. Day" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 12:55 PM
Subject: RE: VNC

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Patrick Nelson wrote:

Chip Buck wrote:
----------------->>>>
Has anyone successfully set up VNC with Redhat 8.0?
I can start vncserver successfully and connect from a remote
client, however I do not get any window manager, only
a grey screen with cursor.
----------------->>>>

Yes I use to run vnc and I had a plethora of scripts and utilities that

spent countless hours perfecting. Wow it really works so well... Then

came

ssh!  I set it up to do public-private key authentication.  Now, I no

longer

use vnc at all.

huh?  how exactly does ssh replace the functionality of VNC?  or are
there features of ssh with which i am unfamiliar?  (probably, yes).

rday

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K / Y!: rscrawford
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] / http://www.mossroot.com

"The mome rath isn't born that could outgrabe me!"
                                             --Nicol Williamson