On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 22:48, Budi Febrianto wrote:
> Right now I have 1 LAN, with 172.16.1.0/255.255.255.0. with installed dhcp server in
>RHL 8.0.
> Now, because the need of separate LAN (will be use for acc dept) I want to add
>another LAN that will be 172.16.2.0/255.255.255.0.
>
> Now, I confuse how to setup the dhcp server. Is it possible? How can I setup the acc
>dept will get 172.16.2.0 ip's insted of 172.16.1.0?
> I know that I can fix their Ip's, but I want to avoid that.
> Can I set the Ip's based on their MAC address?
>
> Thanks.

A couple of things to consider.  does your dhcp server sit on both
lans?  if not your router will need to be configured to pass the bootp
stuff or what ever it is called.  seems like there is a program that
will do that as well, yep look at man dhcrelay.

The man pages are pretty good as is the treeware dhcp book I bought to
both support the project and to get a definitve reference.

HTH

Bret