On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 02:12:25AM -0500, Esperanza Glass wrote:
> I wanna add restricted openssh/sftp user who could only use sftp protocol and would
>not be allowed to ssh/gain shell access to my box. Additionally user shouldn't be
>able to see other directories on the system than his own. How can I do this?

The short answer is you can't.  There are some unsupported hacks that
might help, but these can break anytime you do an ssh upgrade.

Do a Google search for "ssh chroot" and you'll find some hits that help.
There are also quite a few discussions in the archives about this topic.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]