From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Dj Merrill
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 1:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Redhat 8.0, KDE, no Bluecurve

Robert Adkins wrote:

>Dj,
>
>       Bluecurve is simply a theme that is similar across the default
installs
>of both GNOME and KDE on Red Hat 8.0. You can reconfigure that theme
>anyway that you wish to.
>
>       Personally, I really like the way that Bluecurve looks and enjoy
far
>more then the default KDE theme and definitely more then any theme I
have
>seen on GNOME for a loooong time.
>
>       Other then it being a theme, I haven't seen any other
significant
>differences between a KDE using the Bluecurve theme and a KDE using
some
>other theme.
>
>       If anyone knows differently, let me know. To me, it just runs
nice and
>is very pleasant to the eyes.
>
>Regards,
>Robert Adkins II

Hi Robert,
        I believe I tried changing to the default KDE theme, but
the desktop really doesn't look anything like the Redhat 7.3
KDE desktop.  The real issue here is that we have
standardized on the default KDE desktop in our labs for the past
2 years, and it is hard enough to get students to use something
different
without changing the desktop environment out from under them.
We are fine with Redhat 7.3 for now, but I'm just trying to
be proactive and look down the road a few months when eventually
we will have to upgrade.

-Dj