From: Bapi Ghosh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 12:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: delaying eth0 initialization

Several things you need to check:

1. Do not set IRQ or MEM in netconfig.

2. If you wish, set IRQ to AUTO in BIOS. Let the system pick it up.

3. Check the driver exists in /lib/modules/kernel_version/kernel/drivers/

4. If insmod gives dependency errors, try modprobe <mod name>instead. Do lsmod to find out if the module is already loaded. If it is, do rmmod first and reload using the above commands.

5. Check the ifcfg-eth0 file.

If it works, you still need to do ifconfig and then modify the kernel routing table (for routing things of course).

Hope this helps.

Jaideep

 "Go, Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hello list

having issues with my eth0 config.

Running RH 7.2..
in modules.conf, the alias for eth0 is 3c59x..
i do an insmod and I get an error...saying no such device..its also saying that such errors can be caused by invalid IO or IRQ params

any thoughts?
thanks