On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 11:57, Mike Burger wrote:
> The problem is that RH would then have to do all the work to incorporate
> the XFS patches into the source code, etc.
>
> Better to let the kernel team actually get that going, and then add it.

Since SGI has actually already done that work and provides patches
against a vanilla kernel (and apparently against the RH kernel as well),
I don't think it would be too much work for RH (especially given the
number of other patches they incorporate).

I'm just thinking it would be nice if SGI didn't have to waste resources
providing their own version of the RH installer.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)