<snip>
But the install won't recognize them.

Is this the first version of Red Hat Linux were this happens to you?

Yep. In fact, I have the CDs for 8.0 that I burned via the same methods, and they work just fine. I also have the CDs from Mandrake that work fine. This is the first time I've had this problem.

If I put in #1, and autorun kicks in, it says that the operation requires disc 1, and instructs you to insert it.. but it's already in the drive.

What am I missing? If the discs need to be labled, what do they need
to be labeled to?

No. Everything you need is stored in the ISO images already. An ISO
image is a raw copy of an ISO 9660 file-system. When you burn the
image to CD and the burnt CD passes the MD5 checksum or media-check,
your problem is something else.

Maybe you switched disc #2 and disc #2 or anything like that?
Are you sure you really have the first three discs? ;)
Nope. Was very careful about this. I verified all the images, and ahve very carefully checked everything.
I even ran them through the "check media" test at the begining of the install, and they verified fine. In fact, IT was able to tell which CD it had.

It's just at install time that it can't find them.

This is frustrating.

FYI: To burn the CD's I tried both cli "cdrecord", and a GUI gtoaster. Both produced the same result.

Ric