Ok, I'm the master of the exceedingly odd situations.

What happened was:

Redhat changed the beta versions on the mirrors, as I was downloading
them.
The result was: Disc 1 was beta 1, disc 2 & 3 were beta 2.

Redhat: How about putting new versions in appropriately titled
directories, to avoid this in the future? It was pretty frustrating.

I'm up on 8.1 beta 2 now. But getting here could have been a lot easier.
;)

Ric

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 12:08, Buck wrote:
> Do you have more than one installed cd drive or a cd and dvd?  I had to
> disconnect one of the drives because it couldn't make up its mind which
> drive the disc was in.  (vs 7.2).  8.0 only worked from the DVD drive.
>
> This is probably a shot in the dark for you, but I hope it is helpful
>
> Buck

Ric Tibbetts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>