On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, rahul b jain cs student wrote:
Hi Rahul,
  If you installed from source I do not think there is an easy
way to uninstall but you can have LPRng and CUPS both on a system
RH7.3 has a utility that swtiches lpr between the two print systems
When you say that your printer does not work with CUPS do you mean
it won't print or that it is a bad quality print. I orginally got
rpms from the CUPS website and the log showed that ghostscript was
not working with it correctly so I got 7.3 and installed it with
the upgrade from 7.2 I still had mess around with the cupsd.conf
before it would print it was so secure it refused to let anyone
print in the default configuration. I will say that after I
got it to work I have been very happy with CUPS. You have to
stop CUPS I think the command was alternatives but if you have
X It should be in the system choices.
                 Linda