Hi,

Linda, thanks for your response. The printer is actually a network
printer. I was trying to install CUPS on a linux box so that it can
function as a print server. The problems I faced were as follows

1. after adding the printer to the server (which looked like a piece of
cake) I was getting an error saying that the machine is forbidden from
sending print jobs to the server. After rectifying this error I got error
2.

2. When I click on the "print test page" icon, the job gets submitted. but
after a few sec, it is cancelled. If i try to resubmit the job it gives me
the error "client-error-not-possible".

I got both the errors when I was trying to print the test page.

I really appreciate if you could give some advice,

Thanks,
Rahul.