did ya install the php-mysql package?

And as a tip for better code. use the DB PEAR class instead of the
native mysql functions. I makes portability easier, and I prefer working
with them as well.

the classes are in /usr/lib/php/
or on pear.php.net.

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 18:07, Paul wrote:
> Using RH 8, 5 day old installation with updates, I can't connect to a MySQL database
>using PHP in a script. As of the mysql_connect command, it dies with the message
>'Call to undefined function: mysql_connect().'
>
> There was a fairly detailed discussion of this problem on the php-general list I
>found on Google Groups of about 1 1/2 months ago, but it was without resolution.
>
> System info:
>
> php info shows compiled 'with-mysql=shared,/usr'
> php version is 4.2.2
> apache 2.0.40
> mysql 3.23.54
>
> It was suggested that I explicitly declare the port for mysql in php.ini. Tried that
>- no joy. I explicitly declared the port in the mysql_connect statement - no joy.
>
> Mysql works fine from the command line using mysqladmin or mysql -u user -p. The
>Apache server works fine, and loads the php module just fine. PHP is working fine.
>Libphp4.so is loaded. I can type in the user name and password I'm using in the
>script and connect to mysql on the command line.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> TIA,
> Paul
>

> --
Jeff Bearer, RHCE
Webmaster, PittsburghLIVE.com
Winner 2002 Eppy Award, Best U.S. Newspaper Website