Ernest Ellingson <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Friday, 31 January 2003
11:56:

> Ok what do you do with Linux fdisk to add a logical partition to an
> extended one?  How do you add a swap partition with fdisk?  No
> options come up that allow this.
>
> Ernie
>

>From memory, I think you just add a new partition. ('n'). fdisk understands
if the available space is in the extended partition.

fdisk command 't' will let you change the type
of partition to Linux swap (or anything else).

BUT, disk druid should have been able to do all this for you
from scratch. Maybe "it thought" you were trying to tell it
to leave the extended partition alone for some other OS.
I'd recommend you go back to the install from scratch option
and reread the installation guide to check
that you haven't left anything out.

Is the etherlink III the only eth card on your machine? I have had
some difficulties getting a second 3com card recognized automatically
but that can be fixed later.

Cameron.