From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Larry Brown
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 12:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Network problem

Did you check the files in /etc/xinetd.d?  You should have a file for
each service that is offered.  If you look at any of the files there
should be a line "disable = yes" by default.  Make sure it is set to no.
Then restart xinetd with "service xinetd restart".  You said that you
can't connect to sendmail but that sendmail is working because you have
mailed stuff out with it.  If, as you described, iptables is not set up,
then check the mail logs when you send something to the box.  It may be
a configuration issue with sendmail not allowing mail from other
machines.  A place to check on sendmail is the sendmail.cf file in /etc.
There is a line "0 DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1,
Name=MTA".  You want to rem that line out and restart sendmail.

Larry S. Brown
Dimension Networks, Inc.
(727) 723-8388