On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:16:05AM -0700, Brian James wrote:
> Protected CDs have a modified structure so certain parts of the CD will not
> copy without special hacking software.
> Regular copies will not function the same as the original (either won't work
> at all or won't install etc..)

This makes them not a CD.  I wouldn't hold up much hope on Linux to
support these.  Just about all Unixes use cdrecord as the underlying
tool to read and write CDs, and I would surprised if the cdrecord author
decided to process CDs that don't follow the published standards.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]