On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 16:01, Mike Morrett wrote:
> On 04 Feb 2003 21:43:14 +0000, "Adam Bowns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> said:
> > Yes you can still use up2date. The only limitation is that you can only
> > manage 1 machine per account.
>
> Not quite correct, you can have a zillion machines, but only ONE
> activated/enabled.  But, you can just use the Red Hat Web site to
> enable/disable whatever machine you want to update.

While this works, I do recommend that we recognize Red Hat's effort and
their contribution to making our lives easier. Given what their (ahem)
competition charges, I find $60/yr to be a more than reasonable charge
to keep each computer up to date.

If you can afford it, pay for subscriptions for all your machines. If
you can't afford that, pay for at least one. If you can't afford that,
buy a CD set. If you can't afford any of the above, try to influence
someone else to do so.

Remember: Red Hat has to make some money to keep working on this stuff.
It's not magic that keeps their employees paid.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz