I've had problems mounting NetWare volumes myself.  After messing around for
some time I've learned that Bindery Emulation must be enabled on the
server(s).  I've also added the NetWare servers to my DNS (you can use host
tables but I wouldn't recommend it for a large environment).  Adding to the
DNS simplfied things a bit.  Sounds like this might be what you have
happening with the "Unknown Server" error.

Here is how I've done this i the past

ncpmount -S nwserver_name -U username -b -A nwserver_name /mount_point

-S is the name of your nwserver

-U is your NDS username

-b turns on bindery emulation for the client

-A does DNS (UDP MODE) IP name resolution... no support for SLP

/mount_point is where you want to mount your server volumes.

When I mount the server I noticed that all volumes were mounted under my
local mount point.  I know Caldera has an NDS client for Linux.  Personally
I never got it working right and simply gave up.  After getting the above
working I never bothered again.  Would have been nice.  Then you wouldn't
have to setup Bindery Emulation on the server(s).

Hope this helps.

-----------------
I set the bindery context to the same context my user object is in. But
when I try to use the -b option I always get an error:

ncpmount: Unknown server (0x89FC) in login
Login denied.

Without the -b I get
ncpmount: Unknown NDS error (-632) in nds login
Login denied.

Even if I get this working, I will be using this in a large environment
where controlling the bindery context and where the users are located
will be more difficult. Any other way to do it besides requiring them to
be where the bindery context is set to?