I don't believe that ftp has the facility for doing this.
I used to do it with a script.. It's a pain.

I'd suggest installing ncftp. It can do directories, and much more! It's on the CD's, it just doesn't install by default.

Ric

Ted Gervais wrote:
I normally do ftp'ing from the command line and today I sturggled to find a way to ftp a directory and all its subdirectories.

Is that possible? I even thought that if I entered something like:

mget -R directory * would work.

That just gets the files that are in the first directory. There must be a way to pick up all the subdirectories that are under the main directory, rather than having to do each of all those directories ONE at a TIME??

Grrrrrrr..

Anyone please..