From: Ed Wilts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 12:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Less memory reported by system

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 11:05:24AM -0500, Jihuang Zhou wrote:
> Thanks. I do have a on-board video card and I always calculate them
 using 1k=1024byte.
> 1. The same on-board video card will use the same shared memory in
Redhat7.0 and 7.3, right?

Yes - the operating system doesn't see that you have shared memory - it
will ask the BIOS for how memory you've got, and how much video memory.

> 2. How can I see the video shared memory size?

>From the BIOS.

> 3. I want to find a way to get all physical memory size (320M).

You can't.  The OS will never see it since the BIOS will strip it out
first.  Based on your numbers though, I'd say you've got 8MB of shared
memory dedicated to video.

I'll also ask nicely again for you to wrap your lines.  If you don't,
people will start refusing to follow up.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]