From: Rick Carroll [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Custom Kernel wont boot

Michael,
I wish I could tell you exactly why, but all I know is that you need to make
a new initrd to support the LABEL=/ thing.
That is  what's running when you try to mount the ext3 root filesystem.
I had this same problem when I first started building kernels, and all the
discussion boards, etc. said to change LABEL=/ to LABEL=/dev/sda1 or
whatever partition your root fs lives on.
I didn't want to accept that because redhat distros work this way, so I kept
looking.  I finally stumbled across the initrd answer somewhere (on redhat
page I think...)

HTH, YMMV, FWIW, and whatever else...  :)

Rick