Patrick Nelson wrote:
RH73

We one last MS server (well 2 really) which is the PDC.  It has network
storage shared from a raid device attached to the system.  The problem is
one of the drives is failing.  Further we can't get the backup drive to
respond.  It's a RAID 5, so it will continue to operate after failure for a
bit but I'm not waiting for that.  I had a plan to move the network storage
to a RH73 system so the time is now.

So setting up a SMB network share and copying over all the data doesn't look
like a big deal here, but I wanted to do sanity check first.  Have re-read
the most of the samba documentation and think I have an idea of what needs
to be done.

I thought I would ask...  If anyone has migrated a Windows share to Linux
was there anything that I should know prior to doing the move?

pat - here's a quick link if you need some howto's and other information -> http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/. from my experience, since we are not using it for production purpose and is not mission critical NAS type of storage device, permission was the only thing that really got in the way. gene

--
<<gyoo [at] attbi [dot] com>>